Segergated Cell is an alternative plan structured to accomplish four (4) major objectives:
- To gain for the client the investment income, on premium cash flow and claims reserves, that traditionally is gained by the insurance company.
- To structure the plan so that the premiums and the Profit Return are structured in the most tax efficient manner.
- To give the client greater involvement in the claims management and adjustment in order to reduce the ultimate cost of risk.
- To give the client more direct control over the component parts of the plan resulting in greater flexibility in planning for the future.
How our Segregated Cell Captive
- The policy is issued to the insured from an insurance company.
- The insured pays the premium to a broker on a mutually agreeable basis.
- Operating expenses are deducted from the premium.
- The balance of the premium is ceded to the Segregated Cell Captive for immediate investment.
- The client earns investment income on the ceded premium.
Those insured’s who want to assume significant retentions through a large deductible or SIR may do so through our Segregated Cell Captive facility in Bermuda.
Primarily the lines of Auto & General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
- Policy(s) issued by “A” rated carriers
- Aggregate reinsurance within the policy
- Insured’s funds placed in a segregated account protected by Bermuda law
- Underwriting and investment income accrues to the Insured’s account in a tax free domicile
- Our Collateral Alternative program can provide Letters of Credit
UniRisk provides the following Segregated Cell Captive
- Segregated Cell Captive programs
- Deductible Reimbursement Policies
- Collateral Alternative (Letter of Credit) plans
- Captive formation and management
Reinsurance placement on a worldwide basis
- Pure fronting arrangements
- Broking to Bermuda insurers
- Funding arrangements
- Programs for all classes of insurance
- Direct policies and certificates of insurance